Monday, June 14, 2010

SL's Out-of-This-World Waffles

Becky asked me to post this because these waffles are fabulous and she always forgets to copy the recipe. :)



SL's Out-of-This-World Waffles

2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 1/2 C milk
3/4 C vegetable oil

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine eggs, milk, and oil in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring with a wire whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Cook in a preheated oiled waffle iron until golden.

Yield: 22 (4-inch) waffles


I freeze the left overs to use for quick breakfasts in the morning.


From: The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook

1 comment:

  1. I have been using this recipe for years. I like to add a little butter to substitute some of the oil,a little more sugar and some vanilla. I do that since I don't really use syrup. We love your recipe.Thanks so much for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete