Friday, February 21, 2014

Crab and Asparagus Quiche

This is the quiche that I made in my new favorite pie crust.  It is delicious and easy and Jeff and Mia and I loved it.  The original recipe didn't call for asparagus but I thought it sounded good and I had some on hand so I used it.  I think it was a nice addition.

Crab & Asparagus Quiche

1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 Tbs. all purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 C. milk
1 C. crab meat (or 1 can crab meat, drained)
1 bunch of thin asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 C. shredded Swiss cheese
1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust

Preheat oven to 350°.  In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, mayonnaise and flour until smooth.  Add milk and beat again until mixed well.  Stir in crab, cheese, chives and asparagus.  Spread into pie shell.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serves 8.

Recipe altered from allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment