Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Chipotle Shredded Chicken Tacos

Mmmm...mmm.  I made these for dinner tonight.  I used regular taco shells, but she said she made taco salads with this chicken and they were great, so that's what I'll do next time.  Maybe for lunch tomorrow.  I didn't add any water...I don't usually need to do that when I'm slow cooking meat, but you can do what you want.  And I'm sure that you could use chicken breasts instead of thighs but I happened to have a package of thighs in the freezer so I used those.
Anyway, I doubled the recipe so that I could freeze some, and also so that I could just use the whole can of chiles.

Chipotle Shredded Chicken Tacos

Ingredients
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs 
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup salsa (I used my Winter Salsa)
2 tbsp canned Chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, sliced
1 tbsp chili powder
salt and pepper, to taste
warm tortillas or taco shells
Toppings:
shredded cheddar cheese, cotija cheese (or whatever cheese you like), lime quarters, sour cream, lettuce, homemade guacamole, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, salsa or whatever flips your skirt
Instructions
1 In a slow cooker, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chipotle chiles, chili powder, 1/4 tsp pepper and salt to taste.  Add a 1/4 of water if the mixture looks too dry.  Cover; cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. (long and low is best).
2 Shred the chicken and serve warm with tortillas and your choice of toppings.

Read more at http://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2011/08/angies-chipotle-shredded-chicken-taco.html#5LVbBxfLjM90zIFI.99

No comments:

Post a Comment