Sunday, June 7, 2015

Roman Bread Pudding

So, this is not your standard modern-day-over-the-top-delicious dessert.  However, it's still pretty tasty!  Actually, Ava and Jeremy didn't love it, but I reminded Jeremy that he surely wasn't "in the zone" and thinking like an ancient Roman.  He would have loved it if I played the part.

Anyway, we made this as part of our lesson on ancient Romans this week and I thought I would post it in case anyone is planning a culture night or an ancient Rome night.  You never know, right?

Also, I'm not putting amounts because you can really just eyeball everything.

Thick bread (we used French bread and cut it into about 1.5 inch thick slices and then in thirds lengthwise)
milk
olive oil
honey

Heat olive oil in a pan.  Dip the bread in the milk so it's completely covered (you don't have to soak it though) and then fry in olive oil.  Eat warm with honey drizzled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment