Saturday, November 5, 2016

Salami and Pickle Grilled Cheese

I'm trying to use my panini press more often for two reasons: 1) I really like hot sandwiches and 2) Jeremy thought I shouldn't take it when we moved since I had only used it once since I bought it on Black Friday last year.  So now I'm using it. :)
These are tasty!  Definitely not low calorie, but if you serve them with a salad you can feel pretty okay about it, I think. ;)

Salami and Pickle Grilled Cheese
Eat it with potato chips and lemonade; it's also great with a simple green salad for dinner.
Ingredients
4 SERVINGS
·         12 ounces Gruyère, Swiss cheese, or sharp cheddar, sliced, divided
·         8 slices sourdough bread
·         6 dill pickles, sliced crosswise ¼ inch thick
·         6 ounces thinly sliced salami, such as Genoa
·         6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
Preparation
Divide half of cheese among 4 slices of bread. Top with pickles, salami, and remaining cheese. Close sandwiches and spread half of butter evenly over top of bread slices.

Layer ingredients between bread (expect the butter – put that on the outside;) and cook in a panini press.

No comments:

Post a Comment