Thursday, May 16, 2019

White Fence Farm Kidney Bean Salad

I found this recipe awhile ago and have been tweaking it to get it closer to the way it's made at White Fence Farm, and I think I've got it! (Of course, it's been a long time since I had it, so feel free to make suggestions!) I mostly used less mayo and added the half & half to thin it out since that's how I remember the dressing. I'm sure you could also use cream if you have that instead of half & half, but it will be a bit thicker.

White Fence Farm Kidney Bean Salad
1 can red kidney beans
1/3 c. finely chopped onion (or just use some dried onion)
1/3 c. finely diced celery
2-3 tsp mayonnaise
1 T. oil
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
1 T. sweet pickle relish (not dill!)
pinch of sugar
salt & pepper to taste
Half & Half - as much as needed to thin dressing

Mix all the dressing ingredients together, adding as much half & half as you want to thin it out. Stir in the vegetables and beans. Refrigerate overnight.

Serves 2-4

Adapted from geniuskitchen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment