Thursday, August 26, 2010

Waffle Tip

Whenever we make waffles we put them on a cookie sheet and pop it in the oven to keep warm while we make the rest. Naturally the farther down in the stack the waffles are, the more squished they are. The ones at the bottom are completely flat. If you freeze them that way they definitely stick together. And, let's be honest, they just aren't as good that way! I mean seriously, no one wants a squished up old waffle.

So, when I made a big batch of waffles to freeze for the Js school breakfast, I put the finished waffles on a cooling rack until they were completely cool. Then I put them in freezer ziploc bags with a sheet of waxed paper in between each layer, and froze them - and they didn't squish! It worked like a charm. I did the same when I made French Toast too.

No comments:

Post a Comment