Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sauteed Radishes

I have Mandy to thank for this recipe. She had these at, I think, a pioneer dinner?? I thought they sounded intriguing and I like radishes anyway so I finally tried them. I found a recipe on food.com because I wasn't sure if people usually add other things to them when cooking and this was the recipe I found. Cooking radishes takes the bite out of them, and even Jeff said "they're not bad", which is huge, since he usually won't go near radishes. :) (Obviously you can make as many or as little as you want - I didn't make 4 bunches because I knew I would pretty much be the only one eating these.)


Sauteed Radishes

4 bunches radishes, washed and quartered or sliced
2 Tbsp butter
Salt to taste

Melt the butter in a frying pan over med-high heat. Add the radishes and cook until golden brown. Add salt to taste and serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. See! They are way tastier when they're cooked! The ones I tried had a cream sauce on them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm perhaps I'll grow a few radishes and see if I like them cooked. I don't like them otherwise. I always loved helping Dad grow radishes because they are so easy and they are ready to harvest so quickly, but I never ate them after growing them!:)

    ReplyDelete