Monday, January 16, 2012

Spring-form Fiasco

Becky spent a lot of time making a lemon tart thing in the spring-form pan. While we were eating dinner the timer alerted us that the tart was finished baking. I told Becky that I'd get it out of the oven and show it to her so she could make sure it was done. With both hands in oven mitts I picked up the pan. Left hand holding the pan and right hand under the pan apparently applying too much pressure on the bottom of the pan. The bottom of the pan tipped up, the tart spilled out all over the bottom of the oven. The same oven I'd just cleaned a week ago.
I gasped! The oven sizzled as the filling poured out all over! I cried "Oh no!" Everyone wanted to know what happened. I showed them what was left of the tart and admitted that perhaps I didn't actually know how to pick up a spring-form pan properly. However, I do think it might be a good idea to place a spring-form pan on a cookie sheet in the oven. Just sayin'.


We did try what was left of the tart and Becky will be posting the recipe soon......

All that filling burning onto my clean oven. How sad.

The next day, Alan cleaned all the sticky mess out of the bottom of the oven. At least he thought he got it all. Apparently it leaked over the sides of that bottom piece and onto the elements. Late that night, J turned on the oven to make a pizza and smoke began to pour out of the oven and then flames erupted! He ran upstairs and pounded on our door and Alan went down and they put the fire out and J had to throw the pizza away :( The house STILL smells like smoke - Gag! I opened two windows and turned on the attic fan and the temperature outside was a chilly 22 degrees. I would say this little spill has earned the title - Fiasco!

No comments:

Post a Comment