Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Supreme

I really like chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal. As a kid, I always got the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie for my free cookie from the grocery store. Oddly enough, I've had this recipe since we got married and I've never tried it until this week. Duh! Probably because it takes more ingredients than I typically put into a chocolate chip cookie - it has a grated chocolate bar as well as chocolate chips. But, that being said, I think these would still be good without the grated chocolate bar.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Supreme

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 1/2 c. oats (measure it then blend dry in a blender to look like a flour)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 bag (12 oz) chocolate chips
1 8-oz Hershey or Symphony bar, grated, optional
1 1/2 c. chopped nuts, optional

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate and nuts, if using. Roll into balls. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

Yield: About 100 cookies, depending on the size you roll.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's funny, I was just going to post this recipe under another name! These are way yummy!! That would be the second time I posted the same recipe as you did (the green bean casserole).

    ReplyDelete