Friday, December 5, 2014

Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters

I've developed a really bad habit while doing homework... I have to be snacking on something.  In the afternoons I stared reaching for the kids' candy from Halloween because it was quick and I usually want something sweet after a meal.  Seriously, not a good habit.  I've been on the hunt for some healthy (or at least, healthIER) recipes and I like this one a lot.



Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
Ingredients
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons melted dark chocolate
1 1/2 cups whole almonds
Handful of coconut shavings (thick and unsweetened, not the super thin from the baking isle)
Directions
  1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Start melting dark chocolate pieces in a pan on low heat; it won't take long to melt.  Drop spoonfuls of chocolate on paper then top with about 3-4 almonds.  Drizzle with a bit more chocolate and top with coconut.  Cool down and refrigerate before serving.  Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment