Thursday, May 12, 2016

Baked Gingerbread Oatmeal

This is totally the wrong season to post this, but if I don't do it now, I may never remember! I love this oatmeal served with milk!

Also, I finally started buying gallon jugs of molasses. I just bought one from Amazon because I got tired of running out after 1 or 2 recipes with the little jars. I've had mine now for almost a year and I'd estimate that there's between 1/3 to 1/2 left. (I also use it for making bread, so I use it a lot). Just thought I'd pass along that idea!

Baked Gingerbread Oatmeal

2 c. oats
1/4 c. ground flax seed or wheat germ, or some of each
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-2 tsp. ground ginger (2 is too much for me!)
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. molasses
1/4 c. maple syrup
2 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. chopped dates or raisins, optional (I've never tried them)

Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add the wet to the dry and mix. Fold in the dates, if using.

Spray an 8x8 inch pan or line with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan, and bake for 25-30 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If doubling, a 9x13 pan takes more like 40 minutes to cook.)

Serve with milk, maple syrup or egg nog. Or serve with whipped cream!

From: monicaswanson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment