Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Roasted New Potatoes

I decided to try this new recipe to take to a dinner with friends (this was breaking one of my hard and fast rules to Never Take A New Recipe To An Occasion - and this is why.) The directions said to chop the bacon and put it in the pan with the potatoes. After the 45 minutes cooking time it was still RAW! Disgusting. I had to pick it all out and cook it after the potatoes were finished. After I cooked the bacon we were late to the dinner but everyone liked the potatoes! Of course I didn't tell them about the bacon disaster - well, I did tell one friend because I knew she would laugh, and she did.

2 lbs. new potatoes, halved lengthwise (or regular potatoes cut in 1 inch cubes)
6 slices bacon
3 Tbsp. Italian dressing
1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise (or regular fat, whatever you have is fine)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
2-4 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine potatoes and Italian dressing; spread onto bottom of 15x10 baking pan. Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and crisp around the edges, stirring after 25 minutes.

While the potatoes cook, mix mayo, lemon juice and garlic.

Cook the bacon until crisp, drain and crumble, set aside.

Spoon potatoes into large bowl, stir in mayo mixture and crumbled bacon. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Becky and Carrie said I made this recipe sound bad! Well, it's good, I didn't mean to make it sound lousy. Why would I post something terrible????

    ReplyDelete