Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thai Stir-Fried Asparagus with Lemongrass

This reicpe originally called for "Thai bird's eye chili peppers".  I've only tried asian chilis once and it was the "so hot that I can't taste the rest of my food now" kind of pepper so even if I knew where to buy these peppers, I was kinda afraid to try them.  : )  So I just sprinkled on some crushed red pepper to taste.  I found the lemongrass at Sprouts.  This smells so good while it's cooking and tastes just as delightful.  Yum yum!!




Thai Stir-Fried Asparagus with Lemongrass

1 bunch asparagus, ends snapped off, stalks but into 2-inch pieces
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves removed, ends trimmed off and then remaining stak finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 C. coconut milk
2 Tbsp water
1/2 red bell pepper
crushed red pepper, to taste (optional)
2 tsp fish sauce
salt and pepper to taste

In a frying pan or wok, heat the oil and saute the lemongrass and garlic until aromatic.  Add in the asparagus and stir fry for about one minute.  Add in the bell pepper and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.  Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.  Bring to a boil, the reduce heat and simmer for two minutes or until asparagus is crisp tender. 
Serve hot with steamed rice, and enjoy!

Recipe altered slightly from seasonwithspice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment