Monday, August 8, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

This is a rich and delicious cake and so easy to make! Even better, the kids had no clue that there was zucchini in it and they loved it! I left out the walnuts because I knew they wouldn't eat it then but I'm sure walnuts would be just lovely in the cake. And, the picture I took last night didn't work so I'm gonna have to take another one right now so I guess I'll have to have cake for lunch. Shoot!


Chocolate Zucchini Cake

2 C all-purpose flour
2 C white sugar
3/4 C baking cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 eggs
1 1/2 C vegetable oil
3 C grated zucchini
3/4 C chopped walnuts, optional

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.

In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the eggs and oil; mix well. Fold in the zucchini and nuts until evenly distributed. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean.

Cool completely then frost with whatever kind of frosting you like or sprinkle top with powdered sugar.


Original recipe found on allrecipes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment