Sunday, March 12, 2017

Awesome Pizza Dough!

I used the Artisan Bread recipe that Becky posted on here to make pizza and it is SO GOOD! I've made a LOT of pizza in my day and tried many, many crust recipes. I'm officially labeling this one as the best. It's chewy and just so good. It tastes much more like the crust you'd get at a restaurant.
I also double or triple it (because we want leftovers).

I've only tried this with my pizza stone. I don't know how it would work with a regular metal pan. Also, it would be awesome to have a pizza paddle or a cookie sheet without sides for this so you can slide the pizza onto the stone in the oven, but I make do with lifting the parchment. I suppose you could try using a jelly roll pan upside down and then slide the parchment onto the stone. I'll have to try that and let you know...

Awesome Pizza Dough
3 C. all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. yeast
1 1/2 C. warm water

In a bowl, stir the flour, salt, yeast, and water until combined.  Cover with plastic wrap or the lid to the bowl and set at room temperature for 8-24 hours.

Turn the oven on to 500 and put your pizza stone or pan in the oven to heat up along with the oven.
Set up your work space close to the oven. 

Tear a piece of parchment paper that will fit on your stone. Flour your hands really well (I get them a teeny bit wet first so the flour will stick better) and grab a handful of dough. I usually do 2 individual size pizzas on one parchment and then the kids can put on their own toppings. But I've also done one bigger one, maybe about 12". You don't want it to be too big if you're going to be picking it up with the parchment. 
Again, with well-floured hands, press the dough out to your desired size and add the toppings.

Open the oven, slide the rack out some, pick up the parchment (or paddle or whatever you've made the pizza on) and carefully set the pizza and parchment on the stone. Cook for 8-10 minutes. 

I'd say a single recipe of this would yield one 12" pizza or 2-3 mini pizzas.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this makes me laugh because this is just like the pizza dough recipe that I just posted! Apparently I need to check the blog more often haha...

    ReplyDelete