Monday, January 4, 2010

Layered Jello Salad


This is the pretzel jello of the Kunz family holidays. It's really very delicious... it takes a long time to actually finish but it's definitely not a lot of work, just a lot of waiting.

Layered Jello Salad

6 small pkgs jello (3oz, different flavors)
1 16 oz container sour cream

Prepare only one package of jello at a time. To first package, add 1 C boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Divide in 2 equal parts. Add 1/3 C sour cream to one part of the jello and mix with a wire wisk. Pour into a 9x13 pan and allow to cool until set (about 25 min). To other half, add 3 tablespoons cold water and pour on top of first layer. Allow to set. Repeat until all six flavors are used.

4 comments:

  1. It sure looks festive! If I ever feel I have the patience for it I think I'll try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, have you made pretzel Jello for them yet? Not as a replacement, just an enhancement to the holiday meal :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo...glad you posted this! I saw a recipe like this and I've wanted to try it. Of course, I don't know that I'm patient enough for it. Or, I'll probably start it and thne forget about it and we'll only have like 2 layers. : )

    ReplyDelete