Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tiernan's Favorite Roast Beast

I made this scrumptious roast for dinner tonight, and Tiernan just couldn't stop talking about how much he liked it. "Dis is my favorite roast beast!" and "Mm....I LOVE dis roast beast!" and then, "I wanna have dis roast beast every dinner!" Since the original recipe was only titled "Cross Rib Roast", I figured I'd rename it. : )

Tiernan's Favorite Roast Beast

4 lb cross-rib roast
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 Tbsp minced garlic
3 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp crushed dried rosemary
1/2 Tbsp salt*
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil

Brush roast with balsamic vinegar.
Make a paste with remaining ingredients and rub all over meat.
Cover with foil and roast at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees, remove foil and roast for 60-90 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 140. Remove from oven; cover loosely with foil and let stand 15 to 25 minutes before carving.

*The original recipe called for 2 tablespoons of salt but I thought that sounded like a bit much, so I just did 1 tablespoon. It was still just a bit too much, so I listed the salt at 1/2 tbsp, but you can use less if you'd like.
Also, this roast was nice and pink inside - slightly more done than "medium rare". If you like it cooked all the way (blah!) then of course you'll have to leave it in the oven longer.

Recipe from recipezaar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment