Friday, February 24, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Let me preface this by saying that I *really* dislike Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies. I just have never liked that recipe and as a result I tend to shy away from chocolate chip cookies except for my sour cream chocolate chip cookie recipe which still ranks as delicious. So I decided to give this a try (I found the recipe on Pinterest, which was pinned from kelseysappleaday.blogspot.com, which she adapted from Food Network Canada...) and they are seriously fantastic! Oh, and naturally I adapted it slightly too. The recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate chips - sick!! - so I used milk. You can use whatever kind of chip you like.



Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients:

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened

3/4 c. brown sugar

1/4 c. granulated sugar

1 egg

2 tsp. vanilla extract

2 c. all purpose flour

2 tsp. cornstarch

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 c. milk chocolate chips


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.


3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.


4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)


5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.


Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.




1 comment:

  1. These are seriously delish! But Carrie didn't quadruple the recipe so they're almost gone :(

    ReplyDelete