Monday, June 1, 2009

Clafoutis

We tried this recipe for breakfast on Sunday. It was in the Friend magazine, and the boys were really excited to try it, but when I put a plate of it in front of them, they stared at it, as if I put a plate of flies in front of them. Neither of them touched it. Stinkers. But it's good, I promise! I made one plain, for my picky boys, and one w/ blackberries. It's a custardy type of dish that is apparently eaten as a dessert in France. The recipe says it's good cold or hot, but I like it better hot. Bon Apetit!

Clafoutis

4 eggs
2 C milk
1/3 C. flour
1/3 C. sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
1/2 C. fresh or frozen fruit of your choice (cherries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place all ingredients except for fruit in a blender. Blend on low speed about 30 seconds until well mixed. Pour in a greased casserole or quiche dish. Sprinkle fruit on top. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until clafoutis is not very jiggly.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that looked like a fun recipe too. And it can make you feel like a great chef to be cooking French food - even though my kids probably won't eat it either...

    ReplyDelete