Thursday, June 11, 2009

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I made these last night. I was a little surprised that Amelia liked them as much as she did, but she had at least 4 helpings. Tiernan only sort of tried them. Jeff and I both really liked them.
You can, of course, adjust the garlic to your liking.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 C. milk - more or less, depending on how thick or thin you want them
1/2 C. sour cream
1/4 C. butter
4 cloves garlic (2 minced, 2 whole)
1 pinch ground white pepper
salt to taste

Bring a large pot of water to boil; add potatoes and 2 whole cloves of garlic. Boil until potatoes are soft. Drain, and place in a large mixing bowl.
Combine the potatoes with sour cream, butter, minced garlic, white pepper and salt. Mix with an electric mixer or potato masher, adding milk as needed, to your desired consistency.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like something Chad would love and since I don't have to worry about most of my kids eating anything potatoey, I can surely get away with making them without them complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm garlic mashed potatoes are always so yummy.

    ReplyDelete