Saturday, June 27, 2009

Rosemary Chicken Panini

I planted rosemary in my herb garden this year so I'm searching for ways to use it. I love sandwiches and I love my panini maker so this was just great. This panini is a combination of a few recipes I found so there's not really anyone to site.



Rosemary Chicken Panini

1/4 C olive oil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
Black pepper, to taste
8 slices sourdough bread
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary (I used a heaping half teaspoon)
1 C shredded, cooked chicken breast
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 C shredded Italian blend cheese

Pour olive oil into a small bowl, add oregano and black pepper to taste; mix and set aside.

In another small bowl, mix mayonnaise, garlic, and rosemary. Spread mayonnaise mixture on one side of each slice of bread.

Divide chicken between 4 slices of bread, then top with tomatoes, and cheese. Place the remaining bread slices on top to make a sandwich. Brush one side with the olive oil mixture and place sandwich on panini grill with the oil side down. Brush the top of the sandwich with olive oil and close panini grill. Grill for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is nicely browned. Repeat with all sandwiches.

Makes 4 sandwiches. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy, it could even use more fresh rosemary - from a lover of rosemary.

    ReplyDelete