Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vanilla Blueberry Oatmeal

This is my new favorite way to make a big batch of oatmeal for my family - way faster than doing them in the microwave. It's a great basic recipe and you can alter the fruit you put in as well as the flavor of creamer. Also, I never have refrigerated creamer, just the powder kind. And I don't measure that, I just stir some in until I think it looks good.

Vanilla Blueberry Oatmeal
3 c. water
2 c. quick-cooking oats
1/2 -2/3 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries (or any berry, bananas, peaches, etc)
2 T. plus 1-1/2 tsp. refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer

In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the oats, sugar and salt. Remove from heat; stir in blueberries and creamer. Yield: 4-5 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm! We tried this a week ago and it was quite delicious! I didn't have any berries that weren't moldy:) so we ate it plain and it was still really good... and much cheaper than the individual packets.

    ReplyDelete