Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Apple Pecan Salad with Honey Vinaigrette

This salad is so delish and there's not even any sugar in the vinaigrette! I forgot to add the pecans but I don't doubt that they would be delicious. I forget ingredients quite regularly these days... I think I'm losing it! I also got this recipe from the last issue of Simple and Delicious.

Apple Pecan Salad with Honey Vinaigrette

7 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce (I just used romaine)
1 medium apple, sliced into bite size pieces
1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp honey mustard
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

In serving bowl, combine lettuce, apple and pecans. In small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.

1 comment:

  1. This is really yummy, especially with the pecans, so don't forget them next time! :) I think the dressing was much improved after it had a few hours or overnight to sit.

    ReplyDelete