Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lemon Garlic Chicken

This recipe was supposed to be for the crock pot, but I forgot to put it in, so I did it all on the stove top. I don't' really know how well it would work in a crock pot, because there's not a lot of liquid but maybe I'll try that next time. I cut the chicken up into pieces about the size of a golf ball because it was still partially frozen and I didn't want it to take forever to cook. Anyway, I served this with brown rice and veggies. It was delish!

Lemon Garlic Chicken

1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 C. water
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/2 tsp dried parsley

In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture into the chicken. Add the butter and oil into a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook the chicken until there is almost no pink in the center. Add the water, lemon juice, garlic, chicken bouillon and parsley. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring every few minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in center, and sauce is thickened to desired consistency.
Serves: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment