Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tortellini with Garlic Butter Sauce

I've wanted to try this recipe for awhile and finally put it on the menu. (Well, we were going to BBQ but it's raining so we swapped menu items...) I used Barilla cheese & spinach tortellini (found in the pasta aisle) which was great. You can also use cheese, mushroom, or meat filled if you prefer, or even ravioli. It's easy and delish!



Tortellini with Garlic Butter Sauce

6 Tbsp butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground sage
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 pound tortellini (fresh or frozen or dried)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

In a medium frying pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is soft and golden and the flavors have blended nicely, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the sage, salt, and pepper.

Meanwhile, cook tortellini as directed on package. Drain and return to the pot. Add the butter and parsley and toss gently until the pasta is thoroughly coated with the sauce. Serve immediately.


I got this from MSN. MSN got it from Food & Wine. :)

4 comments:

  1. So it wasn't too garlicky? I'm a little afraid of 6 cloves of garlic in one dish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if I'd known it had 6 cloves of garlic I probably wouldn't have eaten it, especially since we went to a meeting right after dinner. So since you can't smell your own breath - hopefully no one died from being around me. But it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little worried about that too but I threw caution to the wind and tried it...and I was quite happy with the result. And as you know, I'm not a huge fan of large quantities of garlic in any one dish either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We tried it last night and it was tasty! I even sauted some broccoli in the residue left in the sauce pan and that came out tasty too! (Zucchini would work also - tis the season for that you know).

    ReplyDelete