Monday, July 13, 2009

Cold and Creamy Banana Pudding



Ok so I posted this on my blog quite a while ago but I like it so I'll post it here too. :)

Cold & Creamy Banana Pudding

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant banana flavored pudding
1/2 carton whipped topping (about 6 0z)
36 vanilla wafers (optional)
3 medium bananas
In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water.Add pudding mix and beat until well blended.Chill 5 minutes in refrigerator.Fold in whipped topping. (Do this slowly and as few times as you possible to combine, so the mixture will retain its thickness.)Spoon 1 cup pudding mixture into 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl.Top with 1/3 each of wafers, bananas and pudding. Repeat twice. Garnish as desired. Chill thoroughly. Refrigerate any leftovers. You can also layer in individual serving dishes.
I didn't use the vanilla wafers and I thought it was perfect. The original recipe and photo is from this girl's food blog: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/07/some-like-it-hot.html
but I changed it a bit. The sweetened condensed milk is what really makes this yummy... of course sweetened condensed milk makes everything yummy!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment