Monday, July 13, 2009

Corn Fritters

Guess what these taste like! The fritters at White Fence Farm! I was trying to look for the recipe for their kidney bean salad and came across this - score! Be forewarned though - it makes quite a few (depending on how big you make them), which means you can just keep eating them if you're not careful.
They don't turn out looking like the ones at the restaurant but that's ok in my book. I made mine flat instead of round for two reasons - (1) I can't stand using all the oil it would call for to cook big round ones and (2) I wanted to make sure they were done in the middle. Enjoy!

Corn Fritters
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper
1 can cream-style corn
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. flour
powdered sugar

Preheat oil in a skillet or deep-fat fryer to 350 degrees (I did mine a little lower because it was too hot at 350 in my skillet). If you're doing them big and round there needs to be about 2 inches of oil.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper together. Add the corn and blend thoroughly. Add the baking powder and flour, but do not over stir; some of the flour should be visible. Drop 2-3 tablespoons of batter into the hot oil (I flattened them after I dropped them in) and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until light brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle immediately with sifted powdered sugar. Serve warm, with maple syrup if desired. (We didn't try that, but that's what the recipe suggested...)

This was from http://www.carolscomfortfoods.com/

5 comments:

  1. You say it makes a ton like that's a bad thing! So, really? These taste like White Fence Farm??? If that's true I'm all over it - those are my favorite!! I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! If Carrie's excited that means we get to have corn fritters! Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only a bad thing that it makes a ton when me and Kelton are the only ones who keep snarfing them down. Chad has more self-control and A & B weren't so impressed - weird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh happy day! These ARE just like White Fence Farm.

    We didn't flatten them and they cooked through perfectly. I was actually not paying much attention too the size I was making at first so they seemed kind of big but they cooked just fine.

    No leftovers. Funny. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, we tried these last night... delish!

    ReplyDelete