Friday, July 24, 2009

Onion Topped Caesar Burgers

I know, you're a little stunned that I have a recipe where onions play a lead role. Me too. But really, since I don't eat hamburgers either I figured I might as well shoot for the moon if I'm going to bother at all right? This got good reviews (naturally I didn't have any) and they were easy to make.

Onion-Topped Caesar Burgers

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 C Caesar dressing, divided
1/2 tsp peppered seasoned salt (I just mixed some pepper with my regular seasoned salt)
1 small sweet onion (such as Bermuda, Maui, Spanish, or Walla Wall) cut into 1/4-to 1/2 in rings
1 1/2 C shredded lettuce
2 Tbsp freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
4 hamburger buns, split

Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. In medium bowl, mix beef, parsley, 2 tablespoons of the dressing and the peppered seasoned salt. Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.

Cover and grill patties over medium heat 10-12 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160 degrees (F) and patties are no longer pink in center. Brush onion slices with 2 tablespoons of the dressing and place on grill for last 8-10 minutes of grilling, turning once, until crisp tender.

In a small bowl, toss lettuce, remaining 1/4 cup dressing and the cheese. Layer lettuce, burger, and onion in each bun and serve immediately.

Serves 4.

*I also toasted the buns for a few minutes (cut side down) on the grill before assembling the burgers.

From Betty Crocker

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, onions! Mmmmm, hamburgers! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete