Sunday, September 26, 2010

Moroccan Potato Bean Soup

This soup is a nice change of pace from your standard potato soup. Jeremy doesn't really love curry but he did like this and I thought it was way yummy.

Moroccan Potato Bean Soup

6 cups water
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 small onion, diced
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 teaspoons curry powder
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream or half-and-half
1 cup dry potato pearls

In medium-sized pot, bring water and kidney beans to a boil. Once they are boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. In a small frying pan saute onions in olive oil until brown. Add water mixture and onions to crock pot followed by potatoes, chicken bouillon granules, spices and soy sauce. Cook on low for 3 hours. Add milk, cream and potato pearls and stir until well blended (potato pearls will take a little while to dissolve).

1 comment:

  1. We had this for dinner last night and it was really good. I must admit I was a bit skeptical at first, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I'm glad I did! Brayden was even eating it without prodding and admitted it was good (parts of it anyway) until Avery refused to try it. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete