Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rainbow Swirl Cake





Rainbow Swirl Cake

Use your favorite white cake recipe and prepare according to directions. Divide the batter into 7 equal portions and add a different color of liquid food coloring to each portion. Grease and flour a round cake pan and then drop the bowls of batter in the pan, one by one. In between each color, gently bang the pan on the counter to spread the batter a bit. Cook according to directions for your cake recipe and frost with white frosting.
Ok, I'll be honest. I haven't actually made this cake. BUT you just use your own vanilla cake recipe so it's not really the flavor that I'm excited about... it's just that it looks like a really fun cake!:) I thought the little kids would think it was fun... I'm going to make it with Ava when she's older.
I found this and the pictures at http://almostbourdain.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny! Give Ava one bite of infant rice cereal and now she's on to rainbow cake! (well it's bound to be better than rice cereal any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never said I was going to make it anytime in the near future!;)

    ReplyDelete