Saturday, September 8, 2012

Raspberry Sauce

I had some leftover Bavarian cream from a cake that I made, so I made crepes for breakfast.  And I decided the perfect accompaniment would be raspberry sauce so I used the one from my old crepes cookbook.  It was rather tasty!  We also diced up some fresh peaches to go in the crepes....a great combo, peach and raspberry.  : )

Raspberry Sauce

1 10-oz. package frozen raspberries, thawed
Cranberry juice
1/3 C. sugar
4 tsp. cornstarch
dash salt
2 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. lemon juice

Drain berries; reserve syrup.*  Add cranberry juice to syrup to make 1 1/2 cups.  Add the syrup-juice mixture, sugar and salt to pan.  Bring to a simmer.  Mix cornstarch with about 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice until smooth.  Stir into sauce and bring back to a simmer; allow sauce to simmer until it has thickened.  Add butter and lemon juice and stir until butter is melted.  Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.  You can also strain out the seeds if you prefer. 
*I didn't have any syrup in my frozen raspberries, so I only used cranberry juice, and I probably used about 3/4 to 1 cup of juice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment