Friday, May 15, 2009

Bacon, Tomato, Avocado Wraps

I'll start this out with the recipe I brought to our Mother's Day Brunch since I've been accused of not sharing recipes. Seriously, what are you talking about!? I only don't share my Black Eyed Pea Salsa recipe with Becky. Anyway, here's the recipe for Bacon, Tomato, Avocado Wraps that were easy and yummy. Enjoy! (Ooo, I don't have a picture but I'll be better about that in the future...)

Bacon, Tomato, Avocado Wraps

1 tsp curry powder (scant)
1/2 tsp mayonnaise
3 tsp fresh lemon juice, divided
1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and sliced lengthwise
2 lavash wraps, tomato or spinach, cut in half crosswise to make four 12-inch squares*
8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, drained on a paper towel
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
2 C thinly sliced romaine lettuce

Heat the curry powder in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant. Transfer to a small bowl and mix with the mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. In a separate small bowl, toss the avocado with the remaining teaspoon of lemon juice.

Place one lavash squares on a work surface. Spread each lavash square with 2 tablespoons of the mayo mixture. Place 2 slices of bacon on each square near one short end. Divide tomatoes, avocado, and lettuce among the lavash squares. Roll each square tightly from one end, jelly-roll style. Wrap each roll up tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (Can be kept, unsliced and wrapped in plastic, in the refrigerator overnight.)

To serve, slice each roll and transfer the pinwheels to a serving platter. Serve cold or at room temperature.


*I couldn’t find lavash bread so I used 4 pieces of Flat Out brand Italian herb whole wheat flat bread. These don’t need to be cut into smaller pieces.


Slightly adjusted from original recipe in: The Big Book of Appetizers by Meredith Deeds and Carla Snyder

3 comments:

  1. Weird! I just made turkey ranch avacado wraps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I wonder, did I EVER get that salsa recipe from you? Maybe that should be your next post! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete