Monday, May 18, 2009

Strawberry Smoothie

I was pleasantly surprised when I made this and my kids all really liked it. It may have helped that Chad called it an ice cream smoothie (he's good at coming up with appealing names for things so that the kids will try them). However, I'm pretty sure that Avery only liked it this one time - she loses her enthusiasm for food really fast. Anyway, it has cottage cheese in it (which is why I thought they wouldn't eat it). That boosts the protein and calcium content quite a bit. Blend it up really well and it won't be all chunky.

Strawberry Smoothie
1 c. milk
2/3 c. frozen strawberries
1/3 c. cottage cheese
1 1/2 tsp. sugar (or more depending on taste and if the strawberries are in syrup or not)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 or more ice cubes

Blend all the ingredients other than ice cubes until well blended. Add ice cubes until of desired consistency.
Serves one generously.

I got this from my sister-in-law, Sharayne.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, I can't wait to try this! I love smoothies and the season is here!! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - I've gotta try this! Joshie sounds like Avery. IF he likes something, it's usually short-lived. Once is enough for him.

    ReplyDelete