Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Brownie Cookies


I pretty much blew it with breakfast this morning, as in didn't so much bother, so I thought I'd make these cookies for J. He's a brownie lover so I *think* they'll satisfy.  I think they're delicious and once they've cooled I'm sure they'll still be great!  haha!

It says to use parchment paper to line the baking sheets.  I had enough for one sheet so I just sprayed the other ones and it worked ok.  The paper really does work best and they come off quite nicely but spraying is your next best choice.

Brownie Cookies

1/2 C butter
4 (1-oz) unsweetened chocolate squares
3 C chocolate chips, divided
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1 1/2 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 C chopped pecans, toasted (optional)

Combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips in a large, heavy saucepan.  Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate melt; cool.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.  Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed in a large mixing bowl.  Gradually add dry ingredients, beating well.  Add chocolate mixture; beat well.  Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and pecans.  

Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  Cool slightly on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.  

Yield: 2 1/2 Dozen

From: Southern Living

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm cookies sound very good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ARE yummy! Soft, chewy and I'm pretty sure Carrie used milk chocolate chips which makes any chocolate chip cookie better.

    ReplyDelete