Monday, August 31, 2009

Easy and Elegant Pork Tenderloin

I made this the other night and we all really liked it. I used Panko bread crumbs because I wanted to try them, and I really liked them. But I'm sure it'd be just as delish with regular bread crumbs. The tenderloin was also a little bigger than 2 lbs, and there was plenty of the bread crumb mixture for the whole thing.

Easy and Elegant Pork Tenderloin


2 C. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 C. olive oil
2 pounds pork tenderloin

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix bread crumbs and olive oil in bowl to reach consistency that would be moist enough to stick to the meat when pressed. Place pork on a shallow cooking sheet. Press the crumb mixture onto all sides of the meat until there is no pink showing, usually about 1/4" thick.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees and there is no pink in the center when the pork is cut. Let the pork rest for 10 minutes, then cut into 1/2 inch slices.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a chocolate chip cookie recipe with Panko bread crumbs in it... kind of weird.

    ReplyDelete