Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lemon Juice

Alright, so this is a question for you all, not a recipe. I made lemon bars for FHE the other night using my usual recipe that I've used many times. The problem was that they didn't taste lemony. At all. This happened one other time when we were first married but I thought it was because I cut the recipe in half.
So, anyone have any sage advice on why they weren't lemony. I don't think the lemon juice is old (it's not expired). I did mix up the filling part and let it sit while the crust baked - could it be a bad reaction with the baking powder or some weird thing? Hmm... Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. That is so strange. I don't have any ideas, I just wanted to be the first to make a comment :>)
    Did they taste good at all, I mean at least they were tasty but not lemony? Maybe you're right about letting the filling sit and wait to be baked. Maybe everyone should make two batches this week, one we let sit and one we don't. That would really be a great test, different cooks in different states. But what to do with all those lemon bars???

    ReplyDelete